Keto angel food cake can at first be a little overwhelming since there are just a few ingredients. It can be a little sophisticated and has a particular procedure to follow.
Please don’t give up on it… I guarantee that the effort is worth this low carb angel food cake recipe! I have mastered the Keto Angel Food Cake after much experimentation!
It is light and airy, with the right texture for angel food. Moreover, it’s grain-free and milk-free. For keto baking, this keto angel food cake represents an utter victory.
Perfectly light and airy, soft and delicious, exactly like there should be a real angel food cake. A great summer dessert is that this simple recipe for light, delicate Paleo and Keto Angel Food Cake! It’s perfect and bound to please.
Moreover, topped with topping or coconut topping and berries. No one is going to guess that it’s Keto, Paleo, gluten-free, and nut-free! While not impossible to produce, it involves a specific technique.
To maintain a tall, soft, and light-as-air texture, make certain to follow the instructions closely. This is a low carb, grain-free, and gluten-free keto angel food dessert, but you would not feel cheated or compromised. That’s one moist, tall, lovely tasting cake. Many of you may have this question.
Table of Contents,
WHAT IS ANGEL FOOD CAKE?
We all know it’s the spongy white cake I never liked at the grocery store. It is so much easier to get an angel food cake baked from scratch.
It’s a cake made from hundreds of egg whites, sweetener, tartar cream, flavoring (vanilla, lemon zest, or almond extract), and flour. I exploit an almond flour-to-tapioca starch ratio of 4 to at least one.
Is angel food cake being a low carb cake?
This keto angel food cake is keto-friendly. Five grams of protein, 80 calories, and four carbs include in one piece of keto angel food cake. Ideally, serve with the stabilized topping with curd or budino made up of the leftover egg yolks to up the fat for useful keto macros.
This angel food cake has 2.2 carbs of tapioca flour in each serving and one net carb of almond flour in this low carb keto angel food recipe. You should continue to do it without it if you have trouble with your tapioca starch.
This sugar-free, angel food cake recipe is perfect on its own, but some keto whipped cream or berries make it delicious.
Why did my Angel Cake Food collapse?
Here are a couple of things that could happen. You touched the cake; I unwisely took a knife around the cake as it came out of the oven, for instance. Or, you didn’t automatically turn the cake upside down.
Things to avoid:
- When it’s humid, do NOT touch your cake. This must be awesome.
- Immediately turn the cake upside down.
- Don’t whip the hard white egg. You deserve to have nice, fuzzy peaks.
- Use the dry pan, apply no grease
WHY IS MY ANGEL FOOD CAKE DENSE?
This will happen if the soft peaks are not the sound quality of the egg whites. Your cake will be thick, whether they are too watery or too rigid. Moreover, If you do not sift the flour mixture or deflate the whites before folding it.
Some tips for perfect, perfect keto angel cake
As I said, Angel food cake is not hard, but it takes a few items to work out properly. Here are all my tips to ensure that every time your keto angel food cake turns out wonderfully, some of which are replicated from above because they are so necessary!
There are some tips and trick to make this low carb sugar free angel food cake recipe more accurate and fun to make.
Use the right kind of pan
If you are going to let go of the cake, you need to use the right kind of plate. For sponge cakes, tube pans are specially made. They have two sections and sometimes have wings, meaning that as the cake cools, air will flow around the tray.
Immediately after it comes out of the oven, invert the cake and let it cool for 1 1/2 to 2 hours before serving.
Don’t grease the pan
By sticking to the sides of the pan as it bakes, the cake expands. So if it’s greased, there’s nothing to cling to it because it’s not going to double in height as it could.
Don’t over mix the egg
Don’t over mix the whites of the egg. Start with soft peaks, not like whipped cream with stiff peaks. You should have fluffy, shiny hills of the batter after you’ve applied the sweetener.
Use room temperature egg whites.
Cold whites can not whip or carry as much air as well. Before removing the whites from the yolks, if your eggs are straight from the freezer, you should put them in warm water to get them to room temperature.
Do use protein powder
Protein powder is part of what makes it possible to grow and have the proper shape for keto angel food cake. For this recipe, you will need it, and I suggest egg white protein
Accuracy in ingredients
For angel food cake recipes, consistency is critical, which is why I supplied my almond flour and protein powder with the exact weights.
Sift your flour mixture properly
Thoroughly sifting the flour causes the cake to be lighter and fluffier. If you don’t have a decent sifting sieve, spend some time using a fork to fluff up the flour mixture.
Don’t invert the cake pan directly
To stop heaviness at rock bottom of the plate, the normal angel food cake has you inverting the pan the minute it comes out of the oven. But for this keto angel food cake, I noticed it was necessary to let the cake cool for 20 minutes.
The low carb angel food cake is full of garnishes. Top ideas Include New mint, raspberries, blackberries, almonds, and blueberries.
Do not check cake in the oven
It’s enticing, I know it, but fight the temptation to check! Maybe you can get away with testing once at the end (and open a crack!), but otherwise, you can keep the door tight. Even the smallest difference of temperature from the opening of the door will cause the cake to collapse.
Recipe of keto angel cake
Let’s start to form this delicious low carb sugar free angel food cake recipe.
- 12 egg whites, immense, at room temperature
- Almond extract for 1 1/2 teaspoons
- One-and-a-half teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 Teaspoon of Tartar Milk
- 3/4 cup Swerve or granulated sweetener substitute, break
- 1 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
For Whipped cream
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Confectioner’s Swerve
- fresh herbs
- edible flowers
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place the rack within the center of the oven.
- Place the eggs in a big bowl and cover with hot water to get the oven to room temperature and preheat to 325 degrees. Alternatively, when cold, you should separate eggs and allow the egg whites to stay at room temperature on the counter.
- Separate shells, taking care not to have the whites for the yolk. Using a small bowl to break an egg, separate the egg and pass the white egg to a large mixing bowl. Repeat for the eggs that remain.
- Sift together 1/4 cup sweetener and 1 cup arrowroot starch in a medium-sized dish.
- They use an electric mixer in a large mixing bowl to whisk the egg whites for 30 seconds at medium-high speed until they are foamy. For the remainder of the recipe, keep the speed at a medium rate.
- Add tartar cream, vanilla extract, and almond extract, and beat until soft peaks develop.
- Beat in 1/2 cup of sweetener slowly, one tablespoon at a time, until glossy soft hills shape.
- Beat the arrowroot mixture gently, 1/4 cup at a time, until smooth.
- In a 12-inch ungreased tube tray, pour the batter and pass a fork through the batter to crack some significant air pockets. Smooth the batter’s top with a spatula.
- Bake until the cake has doubled in size and the surface is medium brown, for 35-40 minutes.
- Invert the pan directly. If it cools, air must be able to flow around the pan. If the pan has wings, don’t do it, but if not, use a bottle or can to keep the pan off the table. Cool when completely cooled, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- To release the cake, use a knife to cut across the edges of the tray cautiously. Push the two chunks of the pan apart. Cut the top of the pan around it. Cut through the pan’s inner vent. Unleash the cake carefully.
- To make the whipped cream, add heavy whipping cream and powdered sweetener in a big tub. Mix for 2 minutes with an electric mixer before rigid peaks form.
- Use fruit, new herbs, and edible flowers to garnish the end.
- I am using a serrated knife to slice the cake.
HOW TO STORE ANGEL FOOD CAKE?
Place this almond flour angel food cake for 2-3 days in the pantry in an airtight bag. In the freezer, it can last up to a week, but it will absorb excess moisture.
Can we freeze gluten-free, sugar-free angel food cake?
Yeah, it’s possible to freeze angel food cake. I recommend slicing the cake, then separately covering the slices in plastic wrap. Take it out when you are ready for a slice and let it thaw.
- Serving: 1Slice
- Calories: 40kcal
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 130mg
- Potassium: 150mg
- Fiber: 15g
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 4mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
Top 5 Frequently Asked Questions about Keto Angel Food Cake
There are many questions in the FAQ list of Keto Angel Food Cake. However, the top 5 and the basic ones are:
What can I use instead of a tube pan for angel food cake?
Wrap parchment paper around an empty aluminum can. …
Fill can with a weight. …
Place the can in the center of a non-non-stick springform pan. …
Cut a round of parchment the same diameter as your cake pan. …
Cut a starburst in the center of your parchment round. …
Fit parchment round into pan. …
Fill the pan with cake batter.
How many net carbs are in angel food cake?
It makes a standard-size angel food cake with just 160 calories, 4 grams of fat, 28 grams of protein, and 8 grams of carbohydrates per quarter of the cake. That’s right, per quarter of the cake.
Can you lose weight eating keto desserts?
Adding in foods like snack bars, keto desserts, and other packaged foods between meals can derail your weight loss efforts with the extra calories they provide. Additionally, eating too many convenience-type foods like hot dogs and fast food can slow weight loss when you’re on the run.
CAN YOU HAVE ANGEL FOOD CAKE ON A KETO DIET?
While angel food cake is known as a light cake, it’s still typically made with white sugar and flour. This easy low carb angel food cake is made with Best, almond flour, and coconut flour, so it’s perfect for low carb and keto lifestyles.
HOW MANY CARBOHYDRATES IN ANGEL FOOD CAKE?
Each slice of almond flour angel food cake has just 2 grams of net carbs!
Finally, it was all about the “Keto Angel Food Cake”. Please do share your feedback in the comments section and keep visiting us to learn more about Keto Diet.